Sunday, March 09, 2008

Alien Invasion (again?)

Veggie burger & sweet potato fries at the Blackbird, water.

Left my job at NGPWG/Matrix on Thursday, start with Jaune on Monday.

Another alien invasion dream. I'm at an old, bombed out school/ruin of some sort, with a number of survivors, many of them teenagers. The aliens are on the move and we're all trying to stay calm and quiet, attract less attention. Rob Thalmann and Chris Lucas are there, Good to see them. I think that Josh is with me. We all are talking, and we discuss that Rob and Chris have only been together for a year, so they're not sharing a bed yet. We all agree that having our own beds is nice. I look out over the horizon, a relatively green and lush, grassy environment. I can see movement like a swarm of birds against the orange sunset. But I know that it's THEM. Suddenly strafing fire is coming down, tracing its way towards where we are. We scatter and dive for cover. Seemingly a passing attack.

I go back up into the building, walls all blown apart, roof sections missing, so I can see from above down into the sections of building below. People huddled in groups, scratching around. There are wounded. A woman is kneeling over a man across the room from me, he's hurt and maybe dying. So it goes, it seems. Noise at the door,a small group of soldiers is there, two or three men and a woman. She's one of them, though, inhabited, and only I seem to realize it. But then she breaks character, comes at me, lurching and like a zombie. There is panic, but I lunge and grapple with her. I position my leg and throw her backwards. Her forehead impacts the edge of a table and is bashed in. I think she's dead, but I'm uncertain. We're obviously unsafe here, but where can we go? I feel increasingly agitated and nervous. The strain is driving me mad.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygod!!! I need closure for that anecdote!! Did Rob and Chris get hit by the strafing fire? Why the hell are they not sleeping together after having been together for a year? Are they weird impotents from the more irradiated sections of the state? Most important, what the hell were you wearing, mr khan--when you scattered? If it was jeans and a tight cotton white T-shirt (with a tiny blob of tomato sauce near the left nipple, which, because of all the excitement, is trying to poke through), then I can see the slo-mo visual of you diving forward, your shirt coming up over your navel a bit as you stretch out your arms, and the jeans ripping at the crotch as you overcompensate and flail your legs jack-knife-style, like you were drunk and jumping into a shallow pool with your clothes on.

Also, what day of the week was it, and how were the sweet potato fries...did you use ketchupo r some other dipping sauce?

love, ~C

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Tyler Anderson said...

ummm...

this is perhaps the most...perplexing? comment i've ever had on my little dream log here. yet somehow amusing and flattering. though, if you consider my stomach, the whole sexy action shirt slipping up thing is less attractive. i'm far better looking with my flight on than my shirt off, i'm afraid.

but have you ever massaged professionally? i think perhaps you have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home